Content is King
If you want a successful, productive, lucrative business then it must constantly be evolving into a business that will be effective at the next level. This means that first, you must assess where you are today and where you want to be next year, in five years, and for the next generation. This will require change and pulling the business up to get everyone leveraged so that they are focused on key goals. Technology will need to be leveraged so that your marketing system can soar into the latest digital era.
It is no secret that the internet and mobile marketing world control everyone’s marketing strategies. Customers use questions and phrases to ask Google for everything they want to find and Google uses a huge filing system of keywords or phrases to search for answers. If you want to be in the list of people who have the answers, then you have to get in Googles filing system. Here are a few things that will help you get in the files and maybe just get in at the top of the files.
Your content and SEO strategy will literally drive the evolution of your business, so your content has to be current, relevant, and accurate. If you are not the president’s hairdresser DO NOT SAY YOU ARE. Google will blacklist you for inaccurate things and it is really hard to get back on the good side once you have been blacklisted. So, if it has been a while since you have looked at your content, then now is the time to do a refresh and review, refine, and revise that dusty content.
- When writing content be sure to know your goals. Communicate to your readers what the article is about early on and stay with that focus. Use language that is easy to understand and interesting enough to engage the reader to read to the end of the article.
- Create titles that are 8-10 words long (this works really well for tweeting and social media) and quickly convey the gist of the story. Avoid cutesy and gimmicky titles.
- Numbers and lists (especially bulleted ones like this) are your friends. Studies show that readers like numbers and search engines love organized lists.
- Articles over 250 words are better followed if subtitles and paragraphs are used effectively. White space created by using these techniques makes the article easier to read and allows the reader to more easily scan the article.
- Use appropriate images that help break up the text and make the article more inviting. ONLY USE IMAGES THAT YOU OWN or have WRITTEN permission to use.
- Know your keywords and use them effectively and naturally at least 3-5 times in your articles, titles and meta-descriptions.
- Post your articles on your social media pages and ask viewers to share them.
- Use good writing techniques to tell your story. Make your story interesting and relevant.
CI Web Group will help direct you through this important first step in helping your business evolves upward. If your website is more than 2 years old, you definitely need a refresh and the experts at CI Web Group will be glad to help you schedule a free consultation and website review so that you can confidently evaluate where you are and where you need to go in order to leverage your resources. Contact CI Web Group by clicking here and schedule your free consultation.